What Mercury in Pisces May Be Stirring Up for YouMar 23, 2021
Many of us have heard of the "dreaded" Mercury retrograde, regardless of how astro-savvy we are. But do you know that quick-moving Mercury--which affects our way of thinking and communicating--is affecting us all year long?
Shutterstock Photo by Willyam Bradbury
Every 3 to 4 weeks, Mercury moves into a different part of our sky and thus into a new cluster of stars (aka constellation) or zodiac symbol. As it shifts into a new astrological sign, it reminds us that a similar energy will be felt here on Earth.
On Monday, March 15, Mercury moved into the watery energy of Pisces and will remain there until Saturday/Sunday April 3 or 4 depending on where you are in the world.
How might Mercury in Pisces be triggering us here on Earth?
Here are some thought processes that lower Pisces energy may stir in you during this time.
- Why do bad things always happen to me?
- I'm always the last person allowed on the bus.
- If I don't do it, no one will.
- Here I am, feeling sad again.
- I don't even know who I am or what I want!
- That person's needs are more important than mine.
- I need to put myself aside.
- I don't even know where the ground is anymore.
Keep in mind that Pisces can be a very emotional sign, deep in feeling, so you may be "feeling" these thought processes at an unconscious emotional level rather than realizing they are ruling your mindset right now.
Is there a thought or feeling from this list that resonates for you? When we know better, we do better, so let's start with self-knowledge!
If nothing resonates, then simply ask yourself where in your life you are feeling like a victim or a martyr right now. That's low-vibe Pisces, and you've found your answer.
Now, how to up-level into high-vibe Pisces energy to get the most out of this time?
Shutterstock Photo by Leah-Anne Thompson
See if you can harness any one of the following Piscean power tools:
- Attend to your emotional life - notice how you are feeling and honor it; it's okay to feel hurt, sad, down, teary-eyed, emotional, or anything else (Venus and Sun just moved into Aries so you might be feeling angry too!); cry, yell, take a nap if you can, daydream, or watch a film to move your tears through you or simply escape for a while!
- Tune in to your intuition - now that you have acknowleged and accepted your emotions, you can let them move through you and past you, like wind, freeing you up to hear your inner truth--that's the part of you that never strays and is always there to guide you when the tumult settles; what do you know/feel in your gut? don't let anyone--even the critical voices in your head--tell you that your inner truth is wrong
- Spend time in or near water - take a bath; swim, sit by a lake, river, or ocean; find a beautiful video of the water on YouTube or your cable nature channel to gaze at; or listen to the sounds of the ocean through a music app on your mobile phone; it's amazing how the water can soothe and heal you.
Mercury in Pisces--submerged in water, as it is--doesn't always have words, so be kind to yourself during this time if you just need to be with yourself and in yourself.
Sail through life a little longer and let your story unfold.
Imagine you are on a sailboat (size of your choosing!), and you are steering it, while understanding you can't control the wind. Instead, you learn to tack with it, zigging this way and then zagging that way through the water, so you ultimately get to your desired destination.
It may not be a straight course, but your willingness to adapt and go with the flow is what will allow this time of Mercury in Pisces to be the most comfortable for you, given all its stirring.
Suzanne Bellavista, M.S., is a life purpose astrologer and inner peace meditation teacher who offers do-it-yourself tools to help you discover your life purpose using astrology and enjoy more inner peace using meditation.