Terms of Service
1. As a client, I understand that I may cancel (and receive a refund) or reschedule my paid appointment up to 24 hours in advance. For last-minute cancellations (less than 24 hours in advance), I will email Suzanne to cancel or reschedule. If my rescheduled appointment is within 30 days of my initial cancelled appointment, the cost of my initial cancelled appointment will be applied to my rescheduled appointment. If I cancel my appointment less than 24 hours in advance and choose not to reschedule, my appointment fee will be forfeited. I may cancel the free discovery call at any time leading up to the appointment without charge.
2. As a client, I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my well-being during my coaching calls, including my choices and decisions. I am aware that I can choose to discontinue coaching at any time. I recognize that coaching is not psychotherapy and that professional referrals will be given if needed.
3. I understand that “life coaching” is a relationship I have with my coach that is designed to facilitate the creation/development of personal, professional or business goals and to develop and carry out a strategy/plan for achieving those goals.
4. I understand that life coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve all areas of my life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education and recreation. I acknowledge that deciding how to handle these issues and implement my choices is exclusively my responsibility.
5. I understand that life coaching does not treat mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association. I understand that life coaching is not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment and I will not use it in place of any form of therapy.
6. I promise that if I am currently in therapy or otherwise under the care of a mental health professional, that I have consulted with this person regarding the advisability of working with a life coach and that this person is aware of my decision to proceed with the life coaching relationship.
7. I understand that information will be held as confidential unless I state otherwise, in writing, except as required by law.
8. I request your permission to keep a confidential record of your name, phone number or email address in order to meet the requirements for coach credentialing by the International Coach Federation federation.org. This information will be utilized strictly for the purpose of meeting these requirements and, following the credentialing process where two assessors will validate my list and subsequently destroy the two copies, only the master list will be maintained within secure files of the ICF. I agree to allow my coach to document the coaching hours with me for submission to the ICF for certification as a coach.
9. I understand that life coaching is not to be used in lieu of professional advice. I will seek professional guidance for legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual or other matters. I understand that all decisions in these areas are exclusively mine and I acknowledge that my decisions and my actions regarding them are my responsibility.